Gratitude is what I take away from this. Beautifully said. But not by me. I borrowed (and acknowledged) the phrase in an email to my ex-employer after being retrenched.
Was I grateful? Not all the time. At first I was grateful but as the weeks passed I found it became more difficult. I did receive support from friends and relatives. And I’m grateful for that.
In the end it came down to a lucky coincidence. For which I’m grateful.
What I learned (and am still learning) is this.
The more grateful I am right now, the more things turn out for the better. Not immediately, not tomorrow, not next week or next month or next year.
But I’m still not grateful all the time.
I just have to say that gratitude is what I will take away from this.
- Gratitude (inspirationenergy.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude (ishisphere.com)
- Hours of Gratitude (touchinglivesatbedside.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude (thefiresidejournal.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude (beyoutifulliving.com)
One response to “The Gratitude Principle”
[…] The Gratitude Principle […]